Easily the most common problem dog owners face is my dog wont respond when i call out.
Training your dog using what is kown as the “Recall” exercise is one of the most common exercies that most (if not all) dog owners get wrong! Allow me to explain this.
What we want when we call our dog.g. “here Puppy Dog” we want Puppy Dog to come sprinting as fast as possible to us.
For us to achieve this we Must make certain that this command “here Puppy Dog” is a command the dog really looks forward ot hearing as it has the Best Reward at the end of it when the dog has completed what we wanted!
Why not Try Giving These A Go! (If You Want 5 Free Training Videos CLICK HERE)
- Calling out to your dog when you want to thell them off for doing something wring is a NO NO. As in the dog’s mind being called out to could make them think they have done something wring and are about to get punished
- Make sure that the majority of time you call your dog over it is for a Godd Experience, this could mean calling them over 8 or 9 times then on the 10th put the Lesh on.
- Don’t use the Calling over exercise as one to “tell your dog off or punish” often they will always associate that command with being told off and ignore you.
- There are many types of dogs that dont like returning back to the car, so when you have to do this make sure you reward the dog with a treat when you get back to the car!
The basic formula to any good recall training is:
- CALL your dog, then
- REWARD your dog instantly and then immediately
- RELEASE your dog.
In order to make your dog enjoy more, be sure to embrace the power of Affection and Attention as a reward and not something the dog will automatically get regardless of waht is it doing or not doing. As hard as it sounds use Affection and Attention as a Reward that your dog has completed a task. So many dog owners do this wrong then wonder why they are not getting the responses.
To take a look at all of the above steps in Video Tutorials you can always head on over to the best dog training video resource that I beleive is out there and that is located using the link below